Biofeedback is an established method for functional disorders treatment. Such disease is the irritable bowel syndrome. With some people, this is constipation and diarrhea, with others. In both cases accompanied by bloating, pain and flatulence. Constipation may alternate with diarrhea. This pattern often found as part of the irritable bowel syndrome. As severe constipation is defined less than one bowel movement per week. Increased intestinal gas (flatulence) is a common side effect of high fiber diets. The gases are produced by bacteria present in the colon and are responsible for the digestion of the fibers. The bacteria produce gas as a byproduct.
– Food poisoning;
– Excessive use of alcohol;
– Certain medicines;
– Dietary errors;
– Viral, bacterial and parasitic infections.
– Use of probiotics;
– Drinking large amount of water;
– Keeping a healthy diet;
– Biofeedback trainings;
– Audio-visual stimulation;
– Eating food rich in fiber, which is important for maintaining soft, bulky excrements;
– Exercises – very useful for the overall health of the body;
New researches have shown that biofeedback, alone or in combination with other medical treatments is an effective in complex treatment of functional disorders.